Are you thinking of eating more vegetarian meals? Are you a vegetarian considering becoming vegan? Perhaps you are just interested in eating less junk food and more whole food! Refresh your commitment to healthy eating by learning about the benefits of a whole foods plant based diet. Participants in this discussion-based workshop will:
- Learn about a whole foods plant based diet
- Explore their personal motivation for healthy eating
- See how 1% milk is really 27% fat (how to read nutrition labels)
- Learn how to exit the “guilt game” with food
- Discover how eating whole plant foods affects body weight
- Get tips for whole foods shopping and cooking
- Address confusion about dietary recommendations: gluten-free, organic, paleo, soy, oil/no oil?
This workshop takes place 5 days before the first day of spring. Prepare to feel your most vibrant in the new season. Come try the food (a whole foods plant based snack will be provided!), bring your questions and see what aspects of this kind way of eating are right for you. Adults and teens are encouraged to attend.
When: Saturday, March 15, 2014
Where: Barefoot Holistic Studio
1010 Prince Frederick Boulevard
Prince Frederick, MD 20678
Cost: $25, or $40 for 2 participants
To register visit Barefoot Holistic Studio online.
For more info please email Chelsea@wholefoodvegan.com